A winter incentive doesn’t always have to be about ski-ing!
Yes, it’s a great activity and can definitely be included in your event but maybe the following suggestions will help to ring the changes and give your group a different winter experience.
Iceland Winter Incentive
The flight time from the UK to Iceland is just under 3 hours – maybe closer than you thought?
The Icelandic winters are known for the Northern Lights and, along with the cold temperatures, some beautiful snowy landscapes. These lead to some thrilling winter incentive activities that can be arranged for groups, such as
- Visiting the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and Vatnajökull National Park in east Iceland.
- Exploring the winter ice caves which form in Vatnajökull glacier, Europe’s largest glacier.
- Bathe in the hot springs of the Blue Lagoon – this activity is popular on arrival into Reykjavík, or just before you leave Iceland when you can relax and prepare for your flight home.
- Dog sledding where you can be taught how to handle the dogs and guide them yourself, or you can be pulled along in a sleigh with a husky guide on board.
- Snowmobiling on the snowy plains on top of the glacier. Great for adrenaline seekers – and it can also be done all year round.
- Combine some of the above in Super jeeps where deep snow and rugged terrains are crossed with no effort.
Related: Access Iceland
Slovenia Winter Incentive
The flight time to Slovenia from the UK is also just under 3 hours!
Basing your group in Ljubljana offers the best of both worlds. The ability to explore and experience beautiful city of Ljubljana with its mixture of Italian Baroque and Art Nouveau architecture, and lovely restaurants, but within a short trip you can also enjoy exciting snow activities such as
- Ice climbing the icy waterfalls and mountain gorges of Kranjska Gora
- A Husky challenge where these beautiful dogs will pull you through the snow covered countryside
- Hilarious Winter Games challenge – a great team exercise – where team will compete in
- a ‘snowshoe shuffle’
- “Broomball” a gentler form of ice hockey using brooms instead of sticks and balls instead of pucks
- a classic winter Snow Sculpture contest
- Snow biking or snow blading, giving a twist to traditional ski-ing and great for the non-skiers of your group
- Ziplining from the famous Planica ski jump which offers a breath-taking 566 meters descent with a height difference of 185 meters – be prepared as you can reach speeds of 85 km/hour!
- Igloo construction
- All finished off with a BBQ on the slopes!
Swedish Lapland Winter Incentive
You may have to touch down in Stockholm, then take an internal flight to your final destination although there are some flights to/from regional airports – but it’s well worth it!
Different regions of Swedish Lapland offer different activities and it may mean that you have to visit twice to enjoy everything that Swedish Lapland has to offer!
- From Skellefteå in the south of Swedish Lapland you can enjoy
- A snowmobile safari in the Svansele Wilderness spotting elk
- Dinner over open fires
- Relaxing in a sauna and outdoor hot tubs in the middle of the forest
- Overnight in teepees sleeping on reindeer skins
- Dogsledding through the silent forest
- From Luleå in the north of Swedish Lapland
- Kick sledding in the waterways surrounding Luleå
- Dinner on ice in a heated teepee
- Driving on ice in ice karts or old cars
- ..and the highlight, experience the power of the sub-artic sea in an Ice Breaker
Related: Swedish Lapland
You still have time to arrange your Winter Incentive: Contact us!
Slovenia photos courtesy Intours DMC. Swedish Lapland photos courtesy Vida Nord. Iceland photos courtesy HL Adventure.